Dental Exams and X-Rays
To maintain healthy teeth and gums, routine dental exams are required. By staying on top of your routine exams, you can save a ton of money on costly treatment procedures and corrections later in life.
The Academy of General Dentistry recommends checkups for people of all ages every six months. At this frequency, most problems can be diagnosed and treated while they remain in the early stages.
How it’s done
Your Atlanta dentist will also review important items with you such as:
- Medical history review: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order.
Additionally, Dr. Stan Eisenberg or Dr. Cindy Bogdanoff will take x-rays of the inside of your mouth to uncover any other potential problems, most notably in the areas below your gums. Every 12 months, Bitewing x-rays are taken. Every 3-5 years, you’ll take a panogprahic x-ray, which revolves around your head.
Have you had a dental exam in the last 6 months? If not, it’s the time to make one. Schedule your dental exam with Atlanta Smiles, Atlanta’s leading dental team with over 65 years of experience in dentistry and the friendliest staff around! Call (404)633-9663 or visit our appointment request page here.